Terms and Conditions
The MathsBank User Agreement
1. Terms Of Services
The terms set out here apply to all of the MathsBank websites, including:
This user agreement (the "User Agreement") sets out the terms and conditions that apply to your use of these websites (herein referred to as "MathsBank"). If you do not agree to be bound by this User Agreement, please discontinue your use of the services. By using these sites, you agree to the terms of this user agreement just as if you had signed this agreement.
MathsBank reserves the right to modify or amend this User Agreement at any time without prior notice. Changes to the User Agreement will be available on the website. By accessing the services and/or submitting any text or other content ("Content") to, including, but not limited to, website pages, private messages to other users and forums statements, you signify your agreement to this User Agreement as it has been modified or amended.
MathsBank reserves the right to amend and remove any content from the website that it considers unsuitable, or contravenes any of the terms and conditions contained within this User Agreement. MathsBank may, without notice, suspend, ban and block offenders of this User Agreement from either accessing or contributing to some parts, or all, of the website.
2. Conduct Required for Use of the Services
It is a condition of your use of the Services that you do not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the services;
- post, promote, link to or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, but not limited to, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, national or international law;
- submit links within the pages of the website to any other website containing content covered in (ii) above, or that use viruses, worms or trojan horses;
- post promote, link to or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, including sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs or rude or deliberately offensive comments or engage in disruptive activities online, including, but not limited to, spamming;
- post, promote, link to or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder;
- post, promote, link to or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities;
- solicit other users to join, become members of, or contribute money to any online service or other organisation, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- resell, redistribute, broadcast or transfer the information or use the information in a searchable, machine-readable database; or
MathsBank is not responsible for the delivery or quality of any goods or services sold or advertised by our sponsors on the website. MathsBank is not responsible for any content, services or terms associated with, or contained by, any external website linked to from within this website.
4. Links to Third-Party Websites
This Website may contain hyperlinks to Websites operated by parties other than MathsBank. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. MathsBank does not control such Websites and is not responsible for their contents. The presence of hyperlinks to such Websites from MathsBank does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Websites or any association with their operators.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of MathsBank Services are at your sole risk. All Services are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express, implied, constructive, or statutory, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose.
6. Limitation of Liability
MathsBank makes no guarantee of availability of Services and reserve the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Services. In no event will MathsBank be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the site's services or any content thereon for any reason including, but not limited to, MathsBank's removal or deletion of any materials or records submitted or posted on MathsBank's site for any reason. This disclaimer applies to any damages or injury, whether for breach of contract or otherwise, caused; any failure of performance; error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; file corruption; communication-line failure; network or system outage; or theft, destruction, unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use of any record.
7. Trade Marks
All trade marks reproduced in this website that are not the property of, or licensed to, MathsBank are acknowledged on the website.
8. Licensed Material
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to MathsBank. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, programming and graphics. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use MathsBank content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any MathsBank content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of MathsBank content requires prior written permission from MathsBank.
9. User Accounts
Access to the bulk of the MathsBank content is via paid subscription (handled by Orchard Solutions) and user accounts.
Except where content is specifically free to view, users are only permitted to access the MathsBank content via authorised user names and passwords supplied by MathsBank.
It is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that their user name and password is kept restricted to only those authorised to make use of it.
Any account found to have its user name and current password revealed in any unauthorised public form will have that password changed immediately without prior notice. An email containing the URL of the revealed details will be sent to the account holder's email address along with the new password. The account holder will be expected to prevent further breaches of such nature, consistent failure to do so may result in the termination of the account without refund.
Any account that is found to have an invalid or non-functioning email address will be liable for deletion.
10. Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of your use of MathsBank can be effected by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Cancel" or "Cancellation".
Unless you request otherwise, all of your account details will be deleted. It is not possible to pay a refund to subscribers who have used only a part of their subscription period.
The formation, construction and interpretation of this User Agreement shall be controlled by the laws of the United Kingdom. The U.N. Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded from any interpretation of this User Agreement. Any dispute relating to this User Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the United Kingdom, and the parties agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts.